UDEMY 2021 - Docker Mastery: with Kubernetes +Swarm from a Docker Captain
- 1. UDEMY 2021 - Practical PLC Programming (PLC II)
- 2. UDEMY 2021 - Tech Explorations™ Arduino Step by Step: Getting Started
- 3. UDEMY 2021 - Introduction To Python For Ethical Hacking
- 4. UDEMY 2021 - The Complete Wireshark Course: Go from Beginner to Advanced!
Build, compose, deploy, and manage Docker containers from development to DevOps based Swarm clusters
What you’ll learn
- How to use Docker and Compose on your machine for better software building and testing.
- Build a fancy multi-node Swarm cluster for production deployments!
- Skills to build advanced development environments with your code running in containers.
- Update and change your Swarm Services without downtime using rolling updates.
- Hand’s-on with best practices for making Dockerfiles and Compose files like a Pro!
- Experience using multi-host logging and event monitoring for Docker Swarm.
- Build and publish your own custom images.
- Understand the new Windows Containers, and try your hand at ARM Containers.
- No paid software required – Just install your favorite text editor and browser!
- Local admin access to install Docker for Mac/Windows/Linux.
- Understand terminal or command prompt basics.
- Linux basics like shells, SSH, and package managers. (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Know the basics of creating a server in the cloud (on any provider). (tips included to help newcomers!)
- Understand the basics of web and database servers. (how they typically communicate, IP’s, ports, etc.)
- Have a GitHub and Docker Hub account.
Be ready for the Dockerized future, where nearly all software is developed and deployed in containers. Welcome to the most complete and up-to-date course for learning and using Docker end-to-end, from development and testing, to deployment and production. Taught by a Docker Captain and DevOps consultant.
Just starting out with Docker? Perfect. This course starts out assuming you’re new to containers.
Or: Using Docker now and need to deal with real-world problems? I’m here for you! See my production topics around Swarm, secrets, logging, rolling upgrades, and more.
BONUS: This course comes with Slack Chat and Live Weekly Q&A with me!
Why should you learn from me? Why trust me to teach you the best ways to use Docker? (Hi, I’m Bret, please allow me to talk about myself for a sec):
- I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world: I’ve got 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, over 30 certifications, and have been using Docker and the container ecosystem for my consulting clients and my own companies since Docker’s early days. Learn from someone who’s run hundreds of containers across dozens of projects and organizations.
- I’m An Educator. Learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus: I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years I’ve trained thousands of people on using Docker in workshops, conferences and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, GOTO Conf, and Linux Open Source Summit. I hope you’ll decide to learn with me, and join the fantastic online Docker community.
- I Lead Communities. Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about Docker and that I do well in sharing it with others. In the real-world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online: usually in Slack and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
“There are a lot of Docker courses on Udemy — but ignore those, Bret is the single most qualified person to teach you.” – Kevin Griffin, Microsoft MVP