QUICK TIP - Reinstall All Plugins on WordPress using 1 Cool Method
- 1. QUICK TIP - Most Useful .htaccess Tricks for WordPress
- 2. QUICK TIP - How to Join and Earn From Brave Ads
- 3. QUICK TIP - PHP Regex Cheat Sheet
- 4. QUICK TIP - Bypass Google Drive Download Limit and Fix “Sorry you can’t view or download this file” Error
Reinstall All Plugins on the WordPress website – Reading the title will surely make you wonder about the application of this article. If your website is OK, so Why do you need to reinstall all plugins on the website?
That’s right, if our website is stable, no one would like to reinstall all plugins on the website. But what if the WordPress site is infected with malware and you can’t identify exactly which plugin has the infected file?
The fastest solution is still to remove all the old plugins and start reinstalling from scratch. But if you do this task manually, it requires much time-consuming and may lose the available settings.
This is where you need an automated solution with the help of a plugin.
Some important notes – reinstall all plugins
- The automatic installation applies only to free plugins, downloaded from the WordPress.org plugin repository. Paid plugins downloaded from other sources will not be able to reinstall using this method.
- The latest version of the plugin will be installed. If your theme or host does not support the plugin in the latest version, you must reinstall the old version manually.
- Some plugins with similar names may be wrong installation. For example, there are Defender (by wpmudev) and WP Defender (by nath4n).
- Therefore, you should check and proceed with manual installation if any such situation occurs.
Reinstall all plugins – WordPress
1. First, you need to install and activate a plugin called Fresh Plugins.
2. Next, you go to Tools ⇒ Fresh Plugins. A list of all plugins that Fresh Plugins can assist with reinstalling will be displayed.
You make a tick to the selected plugins you want to reinstall and then you click the Re-installation Selected button.
3. After that, you wait a moment for the installation process to complete, you will get the message Re-Installed Successfully Plugin.
Disable the Fresh Plugins plugin and delete it for site performance.
In addition to Fresh Plugins, you can use the Sucuri Security plugin to do this.
You access Sucuri Security ⇒ Settings ⇒ Post-Hack ⇒ Reset Installed Plugins ⇒ make a tick to select the plugins you want to reinstall and click Submit button.
Hooray! I hope you can stay on me and finish this task successfully. This task looks simple but it requires your attention carefully. Moreover, I also reviewed and tested this plugin and it works well.
If you like this post, please subscribe to receive regularly update the latest and greatest posts via daily email. Thanks !